MIGRAIN: January assessment learner response

 Your learner response is as follows:


Create a new blog post called 'January assessment learner response' and complete the following tasks:
1) Type up your feedback in full (you don't need to write the mark and grade if you want to keep this confidential).
I  got 16/43 which was a D my target grade ATP is a C.
WWW; some theories and some examples provided in Q4 .
EBI; more knowledge of industry needed;Q2/3


2) Read the mark scheme for this assessment carefully. Identify at least one potential point that you missed out on for each question in the assessment.
Q1-The ‘h.i.t.h’ motif is repeated in a circular design on Stormzy’s head, mimicking a crown. This
continues the connotations of royalty and British power suggested in the Union Jack, font
and colour of the text. It also reflects Stormzy’s status as one of the world’s leading artists in
2020. i mistook this as a  B.I.T.H reference of the word B.I.T.C.H  in my exam and compared to to that however it was a H.I.T.H.
Q2- • Vertical integration-Maintain control and profit at every stage of chain of production
I missed out 4 marks in this this question as I didn't revise this part enough and clearly i misunderstood the question because i was talking about google and BBC .
Q3 for point • It is regulated by Of com so therefore maintaining standards and providing audiences
somewhere to complain or raise objections to content.
against point-Funding model is outdated in the digital age – licence fee of £147 a year for all BBC (and
some C4) content isn’t realistic. Young people are increasingly choosing to avoid paying the
licence fee so long-term future of funding model isn’t viable.
I missed out 6 marks in this showing i need to go over this topic way more cause i lost over half the marks i could of gained 
Q4-• Cultivation theory (Gerbner) suggests that watching TV will, over a period of time, influence
the audience’s ideas and perceptions of everyday life. This could be argued to be damaging
to audiences if content is inappropriate or violent. However, UK television is regulated by
Ofcom to protect audiences (particularly young people) from inappropriate content.
i missed out 12 marks my knowledge of Gerber theory was weak however i was better on the other theories . I need to go over all the theories and make sure im confident on it and also look at the structure of an 20 mark question to know ow to properly structure my essay and how to word it right and use key words 


3) On a scale of 1-10 (1 = low, 10 = high), how much revision and preparation did you do for this assessment? You may also want to think here whether you had completed all the original blog tasks from last term before doing the assessment.

on a scale of one to 10, I think I revised at 4. That’s me being completely honest and I do you think I could’ve done a lot more revision. However I was quite ill during the holidays so when it came to the exams I was very overwhelmed and I revised a week before, however, I do think I could’ve revise a lot more. I think I should’ve been revising throughout the term and been more serious about my revision. I do believe that that is completely my fault and I should’ve been revising for awhile, especially because I knew these exams were coming up for quite a long while, but I said I would do it in the holidays but then I got very ill and I left it last minute. However, I do think I’ve had become more serious since coming back the stress of the exams and knowing wasn’t gonna do well open my eyes way more, and since then I’ve been revising consistently. I’ve made a revision plan and I’ve been taking my studies way more seriously and so far it’s been going good. However, I do believe that I did really well throughout the term when it came to my blog tasks. I always put a lot of effort and time within these tasks and I believe that did help me quite a bit and carried me a lot for the exam with the lack of revision. I always do my block task on time as well and I make sure they are high standard before posting it was the tend to work my blog tasks throughout the week, so I don’t leave it last minute, which means that I believe that I do it to a good standard and put quite a lot of effort in-as it is not rushed.

4) Look at your answer for Question 2. Did you manage to write about three different strategies and three different benefits? It's vital you read the question and follow it exactly.

I didn’t revise enough, and when it came to media conglomerates examples. I was thinking more the actual examples more than name in the conglomerates. For example, instead of writing Vertical integrationI wrote about the BBC which was not what the question was asking. Therefore I misunderstood the question and the benefits as well. I didn’t get right as I didn’t get the first bit right. 

5) Look at your answer for Question 3. Did you follow the question guidance and write about both the BBC and commercial broadcasters? What could you have added to this answer to reach a higher mark?

I missed 6 marks within this question. I talked about Ofcom and the regulation of guidelines.e.g protecting under 18-year-olds, privacy, and fairness. I was to talks about the screen timings which means that younger children would be asleep at the time that shows the rated higher for age with be screening. I also talked about how subscriptions may be better for other people as they may be busy during the day with work and feel like a subscription is more beneficial for them or that they can choose what they want to watch instead of just watching what’s in shown. However, I did not speak about BBC or ITV or Channel 4. I didn’t talk about how TV remains at the heart of the country, and the collective experience of television is vital to maintain British society I was I didn’t speak about Public Service Broadcasting, give us an intuition that people can trust and that Channel 4 reinvests any profits back into program. This raises quality and benefits the audience. and four against points I didn’t mention the price of the BBC license fee which is £147. And how it isn’t funding model for the long-term future. Also, I didn’t mention how commercial broadcast is, cannot compete to provide content such as news and current affairs if the audience can get it for free from public service broadcasters e.g. websites. This made me lose a lot of marks.

6) Now look over your mark, teacher comments and the mark scheme for Question 4 - the 20 mark essay question on media effects theory. Write a new paragraph for this question based on the suggested theories/answers in the mark scheme. Make sure it is an extensive, detailed paragraph focused on the question and offering examples from the wider media. 

partially agree with the media having a damaging affects an audience as I believe that you can influence people. I don’t believe that you could influence many people severely and dangerously. The cultivation theory by Gerbner suggest that watching TV a period of time can influence the audiences, ideas and perceptions of every day life. This could be ugly damaging to the audience of content is inappropriate and violent. This is because the audience may pick up the actions and activities of characters that are fictional especially to younger audiences. They may not understand that characters are fictional for a reason, and that action shouldn’t be copied into real life. However, the UK television is regulated by Ofcom to protect audiences, especially young people from inappropriate content. However, this doesn’t mean that young people can’t access it, but it does put a type restriction into younger audiences watching these kinds of shows or movies. The theory suggests that heavy TV viewers developed a meanwhile syndrome and saw society as far more dangerous than it actually is. The Internet doesn’t help with this due to video games online. This video games contain violence and are easy to access for young people. Especially games that I downloaded in the App Store don’t require age verification so young people can access it easily behind their parents backs. This could either traumatise a young child into being scared of what is in the world and believing that what is seen in these video games, will happen in real life all the shows that they watch the violence. The characters behaviour is activities from the shows and video games. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zendaya: Audience and Industries blog tasks

Zendaya: Language and Representations blog tasks

The Gentlewoman: Language and Representation blog tasks